The fall season is upon us, and there's no better way to celebrate its flavors than with a refreshing Apple Cider Ginger Beer Mocktail. This delightful Apple Ginger Fizz combines the crispness of apple cider with the zing of ginger beer, perfect for fall and holiday occasions.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support Thyme For A Drink at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
Apple Ginger Fizz Mocktail
The perfect blend of apple cider, ginger beer, and a touch of cinnamon. This to me is fall in a cup, that's right this mocktail has officially taken over the top fall drink category, sorry not sorry pumpkin spice.
This Apple Cider Ginger Beer Mocktail is the perfect way to embrace the season's flavors. Whether you're enjoying a quiet evening by the fireplace or hosting a festive gathering, this mocktail is bound to impress your guests and become a fall classic in no time.
- Cocktail Shaker: Don't have a cocktail shaker? No worries use a jar with a tight fitting lid instead!
- Citrus Juicer: For the fresh lime juice.
- Measuring Device (Jigger): A jigger works great for this recipe.
- Apple Cider: Make sure you use apple cider and not apple juice. Apple Cider is unfiltered, and often unpasteurized. It's also considered a seasonal drink and can be hard to find outside of the autumn months.
- Fresh Lime: Fresh lime juice is a must to keep your drink from getting too sour.
- Cinnamon Simple Syrup: So easy to make at home check out my full blog post for how to make Cinnamon Simple Syrup.
- Ginger Beer: I like to use Fever Tree Brand Ginger Beer (affiliate link), it has just the right balance that not every brand has.
- Ground Cinnamon: For a light sprinkle overtop the mocktail.
- Apple Slices: For garnishing these can be either fresh apples or dried!
Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the apple cider, lime juice, and cinnamon simple syrup.
Shake vigorously until very cold.
Pour into an ice filled glass. Top with the ginger beer and give a quick stir. Garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon and an apple slice.
Tips, Tricks and Questions
Can I make it alcoholic by adding a spirit?
Absolutely! If you prefer an alcoholic version, a shot of bourbon or vodka complements the flavors perfectly.
How do I adjust the sweetness to my taste?
You can easily tailor the sweetness by adding more or less of the cinnamon simple syrup. Start with the suggested amount and adjust to your liking.
Can I prepare this in advance for a party?
While the mocktail is best when freshly prepared, you can pre-mix the cider, lime juice, and cinnamon simple syrup in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. When serving, shake with ice and add the ginger beer for that fresh fizz.
If you like this Apple Cider Ginger Beer Mocktail you might also like:
- Pomegranate Ginger Mocktail
- Mocktail Margarita
- 3 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- apple slices for garnishing (fresh or dried)
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the apple cider, lime juice, and cinnamon simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously until very cold.
- Pour into an ice filled glass. Top with the ginger beer and give a quick stir. Garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon and an apple slice.
To Make Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Bring your saucepan over medium heat. Combine 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer. Stir gently as the water heats up until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add three cinnamon sticks to the mixture, gently breaking them in half if your saucepan isn't large enough for full sticks. Allow it to gently simmer for 5 minutes (turn down the heat in needed). Keep a watchful eye to prevent boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Transfer it into a glass jar or bottle, you can remove the cinnamon stick if you are happy with the flavor or leave them in to continue infusing while it is stored.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 200gFiber: 12gSugar: 179gProtein: 1g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.